Student of the Week 3/13/17

Kylie Drayer, Contributor

Name: Makayla Guntrum

After-School Activities: Volleyball, Track & Field, Youth Council, Student Council, and National Honor Society

Favorite book, is author, and why: The Giver by Lois Lowry because it challenges the way you think and lets you imagine a whole new world.

Favorite band or musician and why: The Chainsmokers because I genuinely love their music.

Personal hero and why: My grandma because even at the worst of times, she is their and strong.

Preferred or dream career/job: Veterinarian

Highlight of your high school experience so far: Being fortunate enough to play volleyball and throw for track and field.

What is your favorite subject? Biology or Anatomy

If you could create your own high school course, what would it be called and what would it teach? Pre-Veterinarian 101 would teach a high school level course of the information.

Name three things you would like to accomplish by age 30. Graduate college and veterinary school; buy my own house and property; and own/be employed at a veterinary clinic.

If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why? Europe because I could easily travel to multiple countries and learn/see so much.