• AG Olympics February 22nd. Sign Up for an event!

• Juniors & Seniors, Prom sign ups are in room 118

• School store will be open Friday/ Tuesday activity period.

End-of-the-Year Checklist for Seniors

Kylie Drayer, Contributor

The end of the school year is quickly approaching. For seniors, these are our final days of high school. Usually around this time, seniors begin to stress out. Below is a list that may help seniors remember what needs to be done before the end of the year, and hopefully relieve some stress:

1. Check the Senior Scholarships page on Google Classrooms.  On this page, you will find information from the senior meeting.  For example, the  yearbook dedication, future plans form, and the wills and memories form are all on the classroom.
  2. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you are going to college, you MUST complete the FAFSA. The deadline for this is May 1.
  3. Take the ACT and/or the SAT.  These tests are required to get into most colleges. If you’ve already taken one or the other, consider taking the test again to see if you can get a better score.
  4. Complete your college visits.  Before you make a decision on which college to attend, make sure you schedule a visit to make sure it is right for you.
  5. Apply to college.  First, you must go to the guidance office and fill out a transcript request form. Most seniors filled this out at the beginning of the year, but if you haven’t, you must get it signed.  Many times if you visit a school and apply the same day, the application fee will even be waived!
  6. Apply for scholarships.  This can be done on the Google Classrooms page for seniors. Even though applying for scholarships can be time consuming, it will be worth it because it is  free money for school.
  7. Finally, relax.  Senior year can be very stressful, but make sure you take time to relax. As of right now, you only have 11 weeks of high school left. These are the final weeks that you will see your friends everyday, so take time to be with your friends and relax.