Unleashed Voice of the Redbank Valley Bulldogs ~ New Bethlehem, PA

• Self Reliance- reliance on one's own powers and resources rather than those of others.

• Please help beef up the blood supply Thursday April 27 from 9-2:30 in the aux. gym.

• There will be a student council meeting Friday in Mrs. Weaver's room 118.

RV Council

Lacey LaBorde, Contributor

The RV council is part of the Clarion County Youth Council. The school didn’t have a RV chapter until last year when Mrs. Rupp asked teachers who would like to sponsor the group, and Dr. Harmon volunteered.

This is a county-wide program open to selected students from 8th-12th in all seven county school districts. Each school has a small group of students who attend each of the four meetings held at Clarion University during the school year. Students learn valuable problem solving skills as well as leadership and working together. Students use information provided to them at the meetings, through their administration or the PA Youth Survey to choose topics that are relevant to them and work towards bringing awareness or prevention to problem topics in their schools or communities. These topics range from creating recycling programs to drug and alcohol topics to safe driving and community fundraising such as Toys for Tots and breast cancer.