• Upward Bound will meet on Monday, 4/23, after school in Mrs.Orange's room.

• All seniors need to check their emails and fill out the form for future plans, wills, and memories by Friday April 20th.

• Round two for Prom sign ups, $12 per person. April 12th- Tuesday, April 24th

Sports and Entertainment Marketing

Kiley Minnick, Contributor

What is the purpose of this class?

Sports marketing is a subdivision of marketing which focuses both on the promotion of sports events and teams, as well as the promotion of other products and services through sporting events and sports teams. It is a service in which the element promoted can be a physical product or a brand name. The goal is to provide the client with strategies to promote the sport or to promote something other than sport through sports. Sport marketing is also designed to meet the needs and wants of the consumer through exchange processes.  Sports marketing is an element of sports promotion which involves a wide variety of sectors of the sport industry including broadcasting, advertising, social media, digital platforms, ticket sales, and community relations.

What made you want to start this class?

Being able to promote a product or even yourself is the whole workings of the American free enterprise.  Businesses depend upon being able to persuade  consumers to purchase their goods or services and by using the sports and entertainment arena, it gives the class the ability to use something that everyone can identify with.

What kind of assignments and projects do students in the class have to complete?

Most of the assignments are completed in class and are hands on. There are some terms that are tested to make sure students understand the world of business marketing and management.

Do you have plans to add any new projects or assignments to the class later on?

Each time that I have taught this class, I have found new projects to try with the class.  The goal is to make this class as realistic as possible to show how projects are approached in the real business setting.

What is your favorite part of the class?

When students see the value in what they have learned being applied to their lives.