• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

Student of the Week 12-12-16

Lacey LaBorde, Contributer

Alena Keller

Q: After-School Activities:

A: I attend Oakland Church of God youth group, and I’m apart of the student leadership team that we have there. I’m also a part of fall and indoor soccer  and track.   I participate in Country Kids 4-H group.

Q: Favorite book, its author and why:

A: My favorite book would have to be The Help by Kathryn Stockett because I have always been interested in that time period. The stand and sacrifice that they (African Americans) are taking in the book is so powerful. Also, I love the movie.

Q: Favorite band or musician and why:

A: I love Lauren Daigle because her songs are so clear and so fulfilling. They have helped me grow in my faith.  

Q: Personal hero and why:

A:  My personal hero would have to be Jesus Christ. He’s shown me so many things and has given me so much in my time of need…and is still working through me.

Q: Preferred or dream career/job:

A: I don’t fully know what I would want to do for a career, but I do know I want to live my life for Jesus and be a Shepard for Him and go into ministry.

Q: Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: The highlights of high school so far would have to be playing on the varsity girls’ soccer team and performing in the musical last year.

Q: What is your favorite subjects:

A: Gym 

Q:  If you could create your own high school course, what would it be called and what would it teach?

A: I would love to start a sign language and braille class. It would be called, The Unspoken Language.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish by age 30:

A: I would love to pass my Keystones the first time, so I can graduate. I  want to live my life for Jesus and whatever He has in store for me.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, would you go and why?

A: I would love to travel all over the United States because I want to experience more of the country and different cultures other than that of New Bethlehem.