Scope Magazine’s Honorary Editors

7th graders, Jack and Lilly Shaffer,  Quinn Fricko, and Amber Johnston show off their Scope notebooks.

7th graders, Jack and Lilly Shaffer, Quinn Fricko, and Amber Johnston show off their Scope notebooks.

Kylie Drayer, Contributor

Everyone remembers reading the Scope magazine in Mrs. Hawk’s 7th grade reading class. Her classes still read them today, and now this year’s 7th graders are honorary editors!

While reading the play Once a Crook, Always a Crook? several seventh graders in Periods 1 and 5 noticed what they thought was a mistake in Scene 9.  A character referred to another character using the wrong name. When the students noticed this, they decided to email the magazine’s executive editor, Kristin Lewis.

Later on, the students received an email which confirmed that they actually did catch a mistake in the play. Kristin Lewis wrote:

“I am very impressed with your sharp eye in noticing our error. (Perhaps a career in publishing in your futures?) As a thank you, I am hereby deputizing each of you as an Honorary Scope Editor. I have also included some Scope notebooks as a token of my appreciation.”

Congratulations to our honorary editors!