RVHS Veterans Program

Kiley Minnick, Contributor

This Veteran’s Day program will be held November 11 at 1:00 PM in the high school auditorium.  Mrs. Gruver is the faculty chairperson of the program, and FFA will be the host.

One of Mrs. Gruver’s goals this year was to include as many school students and staff in honoring our local veterans.  The Redbank Valley Cafeteria staff will cater a luncheon for the veterans before the assembly.   The members of FFA will be serving during that time.  After the veterans finish their lunch, they will be recognized for their service at the assembly.  FFA members will also serve as masters of ceremony.

The RVHS band and chorus will provide patriotic music. Select Choir will be singing the “Star Spangled Banner” as well. RVHS members of the Civil Air Patrol will advance and retire the Colors, present a POW/MIA Missing Man ceremony, and a flag presentation with TAPS.  Students from Broadcast Journalism will be presenting a video during the assembly.  To decorate the auditorium, clubs and homerooms will be making banners and posters on each branch of the military.  Also, Foods and You classes will be making cookies for the luncheon.  Donna Oberlander will be the guest speaker.

Mrs. Gruver and the FFA has put great thought and hard work into this assembly.  I hope the veterans enjoy it because they deserve it!