• All 7th and 8th grade girls who are interested in playing Jr High volleyball please sign up in the cafeteria.

• Anyone interested in participating in Jazz Band this year please see Mr. Terwilliger

• Bible Club clothing may be picked up in Dr. Harmon's room.

Student of the Week 10/26/16

Samantha Neiswonger, Contributors

Name: Madison Moore

Q:  After-school activities:

A:  Jazz Band and Running Club

Q:  Favorite book, its author and why:

A: The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. My favorite thing to read about is the Holocaust. This book takes several stories about the Holocaust and intertwines them. In the end of the book, you finally realize how all of the stories cross and go together and what they mean to each other. Jodi Picoult is one of the best authors, so the ending really amazes you. Even a month after I read this book, I was still thinking about it. It’s by far the best book I’ve ever read.

Q:  Favorite band or musician and why:

A: My favorite musician is Panic! At the Disco, or also known as Brendon Urie. I really like him because I never feel like his songs are done poorly. He has amazing vocals, and his lyrics are really great too. His music always puts me in the best mood.

Q:  Personal hero and why:

A: As cheesy as it sounds, my personal hero is my mom. She’s always willing to put the past behind her and forgive anyone. She would also do anything for anyone. I really look up to her personality and character, and she is always helping me learn to make myself a better person.

Q:  Preferred or dream career/job:

A: Dermatologist or Physical Therapist

Q:  Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: The highlight of my high school experience has been the teachers. The teachers at Redbank Valley have always helped me out when I needed it, and they can be very patient with us. Especially by having a mom as a teacher, I know that our faculty doesn’t get as much credit or respect as they should. I think the district is really lucky to have the people they have; I would like to see them being treated better by everyone.

Q: What is your favorite subject?

A: Math

Q: If you could create your own high school course, what would it be called and what would it teach?

A: Self Defense. I think this would be a good idea because everyone should know how to protect themselves or others in different future situations. It would teach how to use certain self defense devices, and it would teach special self defense maneuvers.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish by age 30.

A: I would like to have an amazing job that I enjoyed, find someone, and start a family.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   I would go all throughout Europe. My brother recently went to Europe to visit a lot of different places and he had a great time. I think it would be a great place to travel to because he also came home with really cool stories and experiences.