• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

Television Review: The Walking Dead

Megan Crissman, Staff Writer

The Walking Dead is about a zombie apocalypse and was based off of an American comic book series. In this television series, we have Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) waking up from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating zombies. Now in the fifth season, Rick is the leader of his group of survivors. They risk their lives with every step or action they make. No matter how safe they think they are, they aren’t. In this season, they don’t only have to watch out for the dead but also the living.  They can’t trust anyone.

I particularly love how real the zombies look.  Greg Nicotero is the makeup designer working with four makeup artists. The makeup artists make an assembly line, and they can get through forty to fifty zombies in one hour. They are very good at making the zombies look realistic. The zombies’ appearances change throughout the seasons. For instance the zombies wore suits and ties in the first season because they were in the city, but in season five with a setting in the country, they wear long dresses, t-shirts and jeans.

Besides a costume change, what else can viewers look forward to this season?  Executive producer, Robert Kirkman says that some of the characters will die. He says “sometimes we will kill characters very rapidly, sometimes we go many episodes without anybody dying, and I think Season Five is going to be no different. We’re certainly not going to be killing less or more than we usually do. There’s not really any way to predict what it is that is coming, but this is a very dangerous world that these characters live in, so we will be continuing the way that we inhabit this world. We’re definitely going to be dealing with some character deaths.”Don’t be surprised if one of your favorite characters dies in season five. This season came back with the biggest cast, but it’s likely not going to stay that way.

This show is really interesting and I would definitely recommend it.  I  like how the writers and characters pull you in and make you feel like you are a part of the show. The characters are amazing at making you be on their side if they are the good people and making you hate them if they are bad.  In many scenes, this show surprises me over and over and makes me wonder what is going to happen next.  I would definitely give it five stars.