• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

NFL Draft Preview

Jarrett Bailey, Sports Writer

With the NFL Draft right around the corner, all 32 teams are focusing on their current needs. The current Top 10 Draft order looks as follows:

1. Rams
  2. Eagles
  3. Chargers
  4. Cowboys
  5. Jaguars
  6. Ravens
  7. 49ers
  8. Browns
  9. Buccaneers
  10. Giants

The biggest question for the Top 5 is which quarterback will be taken off the board first; Cal’s Jared Goff or North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz. Both are incredible talents, but vary with their skill at the position. Goff is a prototypical pocket passer, throwing for 4,719 yards in his senior campaign to go along with 43 touchdowns. Wentz is a prime example of the modern-day quarterback; a guy who moves around and can use his legs to outrun defenders as well as use his strong arm. The Eagles traded up for the second pick, making their interest in either quarterback known. In doing this, they infuriated their “starting quarterback” Sam Bradford, who in return demanded a trade. With the lack of depth at the position on their roster, it is fairly obvious that Philly will be looking to take which ever QB is left on the board when they are on the clock. Other big-names that are expected to go early include Ohio State halfback Ezekiel Elliot. At first, I expected the Eagles to take him to replace DeMarco Murray, but after this situation with Bradford, it looks highly unlikely. The Chargers hold the third pick and are in desperate need of a receiver. Laquon Treadwell from Ole Miss would be a good choice with that third pick, but they could also upgrade their offensive line with Laremy Tunsil. I could see either the Cowboys or Jaguars taking Ezekiel Elliot, as both teams could use a boost at halfback. The Niners need some help on the defensive side of the ball. Joey Bosa or DeForest Buckner would be their best option on the line. Their secondary will need help too, and Vernon Hargreaves III or William Jackson III will both made good selections.

There are many questions that still remain; Where will other quarterbacks like Connor Cook and Christian Hackenberg go? Will big Joey Bosa go in the top 5? All questions will be answered Thursday Night in Chicago.