Unleashed Voice of the Redbank Valley Bulldogs ~ New Bethlehem, PA

I Love You Beth Cooper: May’s Underrated Movie

May 4, 2016

Every single year of high school, I’ve looked at May as a pregame month for summer. Now that I’m a senior, when I think of May, I think of graduation. We’ve waited a long 6 years to graduate, so I’m dedicating this month’s movie to all the seniors out there. Therefore, May’s underrated movie of the month is I Love You Beth Cooper. 

Denis Cooverman (Paul Rust) is the nerdy guy of his class who has been madly in love with the most popular girl in school, Beth Cooper (Hayden Panettiere), since the seventh grade. He went his entire high school career never speaking to her because he was too shy, but during his Valedictorian speech Denis decides to tell everyone how in love he is with Beth Cooper. He wanted to go out on a whim and have no regrets. So, Beth takes it upon herself to give Denis the best night of his life and show him what it really means to be in love with Beth Cooper.

Denis accurately represents what it’s like to be a shy kid, and he ends up having the time of his life when he finally goes outside of his shell.  Denis couldn’t wait to leave high school and move away to college.  On the other hand, Beth Cooper is terrified to go out on her own; high school was a comfortable place for her.

I think that even if you are completely ready to leave high school, you should cherish these last couple weeks. We never truly appreciate what we have when we have it. So, if you are that shy kid in class, just have fun. Don’t be afraid to say what you want, do what you want, and just make these last couple weeks worth it.

The Bark • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in