Bible Club Summary: February 22, 2016

Bible Club Summary: February 22, 2016

Christina Kopntisky, Writer

Announcements:

SNOW CAMP IS THIS FRIDAY!!! If you’re going we wish you a wonderful weekend!

Verse of the Week:

Philippians 4:8

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

The lesson today was given by myself, Christina Kopnitsky.  My lesson was based off of a sermon I heard by Ron Hutchcraft on the Family Life radio station that I listen to every morning.  The main message that was given to the students was that everyday we live in a locker room.

Day upon day we are covered in the dirt of this materialistic world and we need to keep ourselves pure from that; spiritual showers.  From the moment we wake up, we are bombarded with unholy influences.  You know that song that has a horrible meaning, but you sing along anyways, or that TV commercial advertising alcohol? These things are so bad for our spiritual side.  Maybe you’re into partying because that’s “just what teenagers do”.

This is not how God sees these issues.  If you would take some time to spend in His Word, you would realize that He cares about you and wants you to refrain from such activities for your own good.  He knows that they won’t ever fill your heart, but He always will.

The scripture was found in John 15:3

“You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.”

In this verse, God is telling us that we are clean when we spend time with Him and read His Word.

So about this locker room we live in, things can get pretty filthy by the end of the day.  I know that one some days it’s bad enough before lunch for me.  This is why we have to take “spiritual showers” to stay clean from the dirt that’s dumped on us.

One of these showers can consist of just reading the Bible.  I know the Bible might be something that you think is boring, but once you get into it, you will just want more and more and more. If you have Jesus in your heart it isn’t hard to read at all.  In fact, you will WANT to read it.

God loves it when we spend time with Him! He can restore us too.

Have you taken your spiritual shower today?