• Seniors, read your email for information about your senior photo.

• Bible Club will meet on Thursdays in the auditorium.

• Whiteout shirts will be delivered on Thursday in time for Friday's game.

Senior Class Twins

Mackenzie Pence, Editor

Twins are a regular occurrence in any high school; almost every class has at least one set. At Redbank, the junior and freshman class both have one set, and the senior class has–hold on a second–four sets?

That’s right! There are four sets of twins in this year’s graduating class–Aaron and Alexa Smith, Shay and Ethan Hopper, Nick and Connor Shoemaker, and Sam and Ashley Landers. Considering there are four twin births per 1,000 births globally, it’s pretty crazy that Redbank has this many in one class.

Because of this uncommon occurrence, I decided to interview each set of twins.

Aaron and Alexa:

1. Who is older and by how much? Aaron by one minute.
  1. Have you ever had any weird “twin telepathy” moments?  Often times when we pick each other up from practices, it’s almost as if we can sense each other’s presence [knowing where the other twin is].
  1. Are you more like each other or completely different?We are polar opposites in terms of personality; however, we do have similar interests like track, soccer, and science.
  1. What do you like about being a twin?Aaron: I always have someone that understands me. Alexa: Growing up together and always having a friend.
  1. What’s the most irritating thing about being a twin?Sharing a car, being compared to each other, and we are always competing.
  1. After graduation, are you planning to separate and go to different schools or be together?We are going to different schools, but they will only be a few hours away.

Shay and Ethan:

1. Who is older and by how much? Shay by seven minutes.
  1. Have you ever had any weird “twin telepathy” moments? Shay: No, Ethan broke his leg and tore his ACL, and I felt nothing.
  1. Are you more like each other or completely different?We are completely different.
  1. What do you like about being a twin?If one of us needs an internal organ, I have a spare one.
  1. What’s the most irritating thing about being a twin?Having to share everything.
  1. After graduation, are you planning to separate and go to different schools or be together? We are planning to work at the tire-recap shop together.

Nick and Connor:

1. Who is older and by how much?  Connor by seven minutes.
  1. Have you ever had any weird “twin telepathy” moments?  We sometimes say the same thing at the same time, and when we play sports, we know exactly what the other is going to do.
  1. Are you more like each other or completely different?We are more like each other.
  1. What do you like about being a twin?Always hanging out with each other.
  1. What’s the most irritating thing about being a twin?When people stare at us and call us the wrong name.
  1. After graduation, are you planning to separate and go to different schools or be together? We are going to different schools.

Sam and Ashley:

1. Who is older and by how much?  Ashley by three minutes.
  1. Have you ever had any weird “twin telepathy” moments?  Sometimes we finish each other’s sentences,  and not just simple thoughts, we finish each other’s compound-complex sentences.
  1. Are you more like each other or completely different?We are different in [both] our personalities and hobbies.
  1. What do you like about being a twin? Having a default best friend and another person who will always be there to bounce ideas off of, be humbled by, and fight alongside.
  1. What’s the most irritating thing about being a twin?Ashley: Sam doesn’t like it when we match outfits and that we share a room, but I don’t mind.
  1. After graduation, are you planning to separate and go to different schools or be together?  Ashley: We are separating; Sam is going for veterinary education while I am going to a trade school for graphic design.

So, you might think that with four sets of twins Redbank is setting some kind of record- well, almost. According to the Guiness Book of World Records, Highcrest Middle School in Wilmette, Illinois had 24 sets of twins in their fifth grade class of 480 students in 2013. The percentage of twins at the record holding school is exactly 10%, while the percentage at Redbank is 9.523810% (4 sets out of 84 students). That means that our school is .0047619% away from tying with the world record, and that’s definitely a big victory for our small school.