• The Tim Kutch benefit show for Cassie Westover is on October 27th @ 7pm here at the HS.

• Attn Attn! The time has come to audition for this year's high school musical. Mrs. McIntire has all of the details.

• Juniors - Powder puff will practice today from 6 - 8.

Interesting, Lovely Facts

Logan Magagnotti, Writer

Since Valentine’s Day is upon us, I put together 14 fun facts about love and Valentine’s Day. If you don’t have a special someone this year, no worries! Just sit at home and read The Bark, instead!

1. It takes about four (4) minutes after meeting someone to decide if you like them or not.
  2. It takes 1/5 of a second to fall in love with somebody.
  3. Men tend to be attracted to women who have the same body type as their mothers. This is known as sexual imprinting.
  4. Women tend to be attracted to men with a good sense of humor.
  5. Your pupils can expand up to 45% whenever you look at the person you love.
  6. People who are in love tend to have a greater nerve growth rate, which means they recover faster than those who are single.
  7. Kissing for one minute burns 26 calories.
  8. People in love have the same brain patterns as people with mental illnesses. Scientists studied people who were in love and witnessed the same brain tendencies as those with O.C.D. This happens because our serotonin levels are lowered. This is where the term “crazy in love” comes from.
  9. Teachers receive the most valentines, followed by kids, mothers, wives and sweethearts.
  10. The longest marriage in the world lasted 86 years, 9 months, and 16 days. The marriage was between Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher.
  11. The ring is worn on the fourth finger because it is the only finger with a blood line directly to the heart.
  12. There was a study done at State University of New York which induced scientific love. To do this, two complete strangers met with each other and asked one another 36 extremely personal questions and then spent four (4) minutes looking into each other’s eyes. The study was able to scientifically induce love. To know more about this study, click here.
  13. Every Valentine’s Day, the Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare’s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet.
  14. An old Valentine’s Day superstition is that if you find a glove on the road on Valentine’s Day, your future beloved will have the other missing glove.