• Upward Bound will meet on Monday, 4/23, after school in Mrs.Orange's room.

• All seniors need to check their emails and fill out the form for future plans, wills, and memories by Friday April 20th.

• Round two for Prom sign ups, $12 per person. April 12th- Tuesday, April 24th

Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Mackenzie Pence, Editor

Soccer is one of the most under-appreciated sports here at Redbank. The boys’ and girls’ soccer teams both work so hard to succeed throughout the season, and get nothing for it. Not only is it just soccer, but lots of other sports never get any attention compared to football. And guess what? There’s a pep rally this Friday. Guess who it’s for? Yep. Football.

I am on the girls’ soccer team, and this season, we have played our hearts out. Our record currently is 15-3. That’s the best record this team has seen in a very long time. We didn’t have to fight to get into playoffs either. Don’t you think a team filled with so much success should get some recognition from its school? I’m very aware that football is the biggest sport in every school in western Pennsylvania, but what about the others–volleyball, soccer, softball, cross country? Some students don’t even know we have a cross country team!

Remember last year?  The boys’ basketball team did amazingly well in the state playoffs. It took forever for someone to finally organize a pep rally for them!  And it was a fabulous pep rally.

Why is football the only sport that ever gets any attention for their success? I think I speak for many of students involved in sports who have been fighting for some recognition. It’s time to appreciate the sports teams that work just as hard as football, and are just as successful as they are.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Soccer? What’s Soccer?”

1. Addison Minich on October 27th, 2015 9:39 am

That was excellent! Other sports needs as much recognition as football. Every sport needs a pep rally! #givearally

[Reply]

2. Mrs. Landers on October 27th, 2015 1:05 pm

Mackenzie,

I am very proud of you for the wonderful young lady (and daughter) that you are. You have great spirit and a bunch of fabulous spunk. You go girl! Writing this article probably wasn’t easy but then it isn’t always easy to speak the truth!

I love you soccer girls and am excited to see you win tonight!

Mrs. Landers

aka – Mama K or Sam’s Mom 🙂

[Reply]

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Girls Locked Out

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Walkout–Rebellion?

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Something to Chew On: 300 vs 1

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Trump’s 2018 State of the Union Address

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Mental Disabilities – Puzzling Reactions

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Something to Chew On: Thoughts on Self

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Chromebook Chaos

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Hand Dryers in the Restrooms

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Something to Chew On: Halloween

• Soccer? What’s Soccer?

Opinion

Homecoming for Senior High Students Only