• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

Aubrie Copenhaver: 10th in the Nation

Christina Kopnitsky, Writer

Aubrie Copenhaver, a sophomore at Redbank Valley high school, has recently received the award of being 10th in the Nation for youth barrel racing.  She began barrel racing because it interested her at a young age, as well as “wanting to be like the other cowgirls.” Her experience at Nationals was “exciting but nerve racking” and much different than the All American Quarter Horse Congress. Aubrie’s motivation comes from her trainer, Kim Buchleitner, who always motivates her in the barrel racing world.  Someday, Aubrie hopes to make a run in barrels at the NFR, or the National Finals Rodeo, hosted by Wrangler. The season leading up to Nationals was very good and she also won the youth and open divisions at the Venango Rodeo Circuit.  Aubrie achieved being 10th in the nation with the partnership with her beloved horse, Petey.  Also known as “Dink”, Petey is a personable horse with an incredible personality.  Aubrie says that “he is a human in a horse body” and if you have ever met Petey, you would find this to be very true.  Aubrie works very hard to be the incredible equestrian that she is and she truly deserves to be ranked as 10th in the Nation.  Congratulations Aubrie!