Unleashed Voice of the Redbank Valley Bulldogs ~ New Bethlehem, PA

• Courage- it is moving forward when you don’t have the strength.~ Napoleon

• Please help beef up the blood supply Thursday April 27 from 9-2:30 in the aux. gym.

• April 28th is final prom sign-ups in room 118!

Meet the Robotics Club

Landon+Pence%2C+Grade+7%2C+and+Cameron+Peebles%2C+Grade+9%2C+work+on+the+robitics+project.++
Landon Pence, Grade 7, and Cameron Peebles, Grade 9, work on the robitics project.

Elisabeth Hook, Writer

This year, Mrs. Heasley is supervising a Robotics Club for students in grades 7-12. This club’s goal is to create a robot that can successfully extract items from a mine. In order to do this, they will be building and programming the robot from scratch. The logistics team of the club includes Ian Taylor, Paiton Rizzo, Clara Gourley, Kianna Shreckengost, Zoey Troup, and Colin Sheffer, who are joined by the programmers, Peyton Kirkpatrick and Mathew Green. Finally, the builders include Lauren Smith, Cameron Peebles, Eli Carlson, Landon Pence, Mia Stanford-Young, Jimmy Gundlach, Andrew Adams, Logan Markle, and Bryce Morgan.

This club was started by Mrs. Heasley because she wanted to, “Get kids experience, and increase their knowledge of  different engineering fields.” While it may be a learning experience, many kids say they have found it to be a fun project, and that they will do it again.

Their robot will be put to the test at a competition run-through at the Boosting Engineering Science and Technology Robotics (BEST Robotics). Our Redbank team will compete against DuBios High School, DuBois Catholic, Clarion-Limestone, Wyder School, and Ridgeway.

1 Comment

One Response to “Meet the Robotics Club”

1. Matt Green on May 17th, 2016 5:08 pm

I also wanted to mention that the robotics website is rvrobots.weebly.com(not accessible inside RVSD network). Please check them out!

[Reply]

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Sports Today

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Lunch Today: 4/25/17

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Scrabble Competition Results

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Results from the Track Invitational

• Meet the Robotics Club

Of the Week

Quote of the Week 04-24-17

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Lunch Today

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Prom Court 2017

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Shields

• Meet the Robotics Club

Showcase

Mock UN Competition Results