Meet the Robotics Club

Landon+Pence%2C+Grade+7%2C+and+Cameron+Peebles%2C+Grade+9%2C+work+on+the+robitics+project.++

Landon Pence, Grade 7, and Cameron Peebles, Grade 9, work on the robitics project.

Elisabeth Hook, Writer

This year, Mrs. Heasley is supervising a Robotics Club for students in grades 7-12. This club’s goal is to create a robot that can successfully extract items from a mine. In order to do this, they will be building and programming the robot from scratch. The logistics team of the club includes Ian Taylor, Paiton Rizzo, Clara Gourley, Kianna Shreckengost, Zoey Troup, and Colin Sheffer, who are joined by the programmers, Peyton Kirkpatrick and Mathew Green. Finally, the builders include Lauren Smith, Cameron Peebles, Eli Carlson, Landon Pence, Mia Stanford-Young, Jimmy Gundlach, Andrew Adams, Logan Markle, and Bryce Morgan.

This club was started by Mrs. Heasley because she wanted to, “Get kids experience, and increase their knowledge of  different engineering fields.” While it may be a learning experience, many kids say they have found it to be a fun project, and that they will do it again.

Their robot will be put to the test at a competition run-through at the Boosting Engineering Science and Technology Robotics (BEST Robotics). Our Redbank team will compete against DuBios High School, DuBois Catholic, Clarion-Limestone, Wyder School, and Ridgeway.