Chorus Fundraisers

Jordan Mann, Writer

Simone De Beauvoir once said, “There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” The Redbank Valley Choir is lucky enough to experience the Big Apple for themselves this upcoming spring. The trip will take place, April 28 – May 1, 2016. Some trip highlights are the Rockefeller Center, 9/11 Memorial, Broadway Workshop, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Central Park, Chinatown, Little Italy, and a Broadway Show. The estimated cost for each student to attend is $525.

For a majority of us, it’s not possible to have $525 dollars sitting around, so to help afford the trip there will be multiple fundraisers. The chorus held a bake sell at the Peanut Butter Festival this weekend.  They are also selling pies in October.

Now, the main fundraiser the chorus and Mrs. McIntire are most excited about is the Ladies Night Out Open House. This will happen on Tuesday, November 3rd, from 6-9 pm and will take place in the school cafeteria. Everyone can come and check out the newest products from all of those in-home party vendors that you never get to attend–Thirty-one bags, POSH, Stampin’ Up, Pampered Chef, etc.  It will be a simple, low pressure way for you to shop the various types of products all in one location.   Start Christmas shopping early, spoil yourself, or even just to get a night out of the house. Orders can be placed, or cash and carry items can taken home that night. Refreshments and entertainment will be provided to you by the RV Chorus.

The final fundraiser is selling candy bars. I know we all get super excited about the Daffin candy bars, so get ready because these will be sold in January. Your options will include: caramel, almond, peanut butter, regular, and rice.

Every dollar will count and any support would be much appreciated by the Chorus.