• Varsity Baseball will hold open gyms every Monday in January from 7pm-9. 7th & 8th graders are welcome to attend as well.

• Marching Band attending the laser tag and bowling trip-the bus leaves at 5pm on Friday. We will return around 11pm.

• Literature PBA for A DAY students will begin Wednesday, January 24th in computer lab 131.

Peanut Butter Festival

Kathryn Crawford, left, was crowned Peanut Butter Festival Queen.  She is a senior at RVHS.    Cecilia Harmon was runner-up.

Kathryn Crawford, left, was crowned Peanut Butter Festival Queen. She is a senior at RVHS. Cecilia Harmon was runner-up.

Jordan Mann, Writer

The annual Peanut Butter Festival is upon us again. The festival starts on September 18th and lasts until the 20th. If you are interested in attending, it is held in Gumtown Park. Admission is free as always, but if you enter contests or decide to participate in any rides, there will be a fee. Activities include stage entertainment,  inflatable carnival,  mountain bike and 5k races, health walk, parade, classic car cruise, motorcycle rally, fireworks, crafters, and food vendors.

This year, the Peanut Butter Festival Queen contestants are Kathryn Crawford, Mackenzie Pence, Cecelia Harmon, Anna Pine, and Kimberly Tibbs. The Queen will win a two thousand dollar scholarship, and the runner up will win a one thousand dollar scholarship. The winner will be crowned on September 18 by last year’s Queen, Sarah Oliver. Best of luck to the girls participating.