Powder Puff 2015

Last year's Juniors, now the End Zone Divas.

Jess Walter, Writer

Powder Puff Football dates as far back as the 1930s.  Here at Redbank Valley, it is not something the Juniors and Seniors take very lightly.  This year’s Powder Puff game will be held on Wednesday, September 16th.  That being only 2 days before the Seniors have to present their graduation projects, this may be a good way for them to de-stress.  The Juniors will be wearing black and pink, while the Seniors will be wearing black and orange.  This year the Seniors will be led by coaches Nick Shoemaker, Connor Shoemaker, Brylee Shumaker, Adam Kunselman, Wyatt Hetrick, and Devin Schimp.  Coach Connor Shoemaker states, “I think it will be a close one, but we will crush the Juniors.”

I think it will be a close one, but we will crush the Juniors. They will wish they never played us.”

— Connor Shoemaker

Connor also made a prediction for the end score of the game between the End Zone Divas (Seniors), and Beauty and the Blitz (Juniors), 21-14 in favor of the Seniors.  Brooke Hinderliter will be returning as the Senior’s quarterback.  “Brooke is a great quarterback and our offensive line is very strong.  We have a lot of skill and I think the game will end in our favor,” says Senior coach, Nick Shoemaker.  As for the Juniors, they will be led by coaches Jared Kespelher, Scott Toth, Colton Mohney, Curtis Mohney, and Patrick Crawford.  The Juniors will have Kara Hicks as their quarterback and Maycee Shumaker as their center.  Junior coach, Jared Kespelher, also made a prediction for the game, 26-20 in favor of the Juniors.  This year’s game is sure to be a good one, so don’t forget to come out and support your favorite team!