Flag Beautification Project – Update

Samantha Davis, Writer

Adrion Orange, a sophomore, started a flag beautification project  just last year. His goal was to make the flag area in front of the high school more appealing and also earn his Eagle Scout rank. His hopes were to add proper lighting to the flag and make it more appealing to the eye. To become an Eagle Scout, Adrion  has to complete one project that will benefit a non-profit organization. When the project was proposed, we interviewed him to to find out more about his it.

• What inspired you to come up with this idea?
  • The flagpole area was so bare.

• I met with Mr. Drzewiecki and made a presentation to the school board.
  • How did you get permission to do this project on school grounds?

• How are you going to pay for everything?
  • There are sponsor bricks that businesses, school groups, or individuals can buy for $65.

• Who is going to do all of the labor?
  • A group of volunteers and professionals will handle the more specialized work.

Currently Adrion is a junior and his project is complete. There are four beautiful benches in a half circle. A grey stone backdrop behind the Flag, and the sponsor bricks spaced out in front of the flag. This is a tremendous change for the front of our school. The Flag Beautification Project is definitely an asset to the Redbank Valley High School campus. Thank you so much, Adrion, for making our flag area beautiful.

If you still would like to order a sponsor brick, the deadline was extended to September 30.   The cost is still $65,  and you can go to myorangebrick.com to get an order form or the high school office.

by Madison Harmon

Revised Fall 2015 by Samantha Davis.