Meet Mrs. Rupp!

Mrs. Smith greeting Mrs. Rupp.

Mrs. Smith greeting Mrs. Rupp.

Mackenzie Pence, Assistant Editor

Mrs. Rupp joined the Redbank Valley administrative team as the high school principal last year in May and has taken charge of the new school year. She has said hello in the hallways and is making a very obvious effort to turn Redbank into a school where students want to be. Now, with Mrs. Rupp taking the reins, we can expect to

“Haters are gonna hate.””

— Mrs. Rupp

see major changes that will get the students excited about spending time in school, like scheduling Activity Period every day.

Instead of gathering the entire school together to tell us what we aren’t allowed to do, Mrs. Rupp presented us with a very inspiring speech to kick off the year. she even quoted the very popular Taylor Swift song, Shake it Off, by telling us that “Haters are gonna hate.” She encouraged us to be ourselves and not worry about what others think. Her effort to relate to the students and inspire us to do our best was a fresh start to this year. Welcome to Redbank, Mrs. Rupp! Please make yourself at home.

Last spring semester, I sat down with her in her office to ask some questions and get to know her better.

Q: Where are you from?

A: Nu Mine, Pennsylvania.

Q: Do you have a family?

A: Yes. I have a husband named Tim, and 9 year old twins, Lydia and Liam.

Q: Where did you work before Redbank?

A: Achievement House, Cyber Charter School.

Q: Where did you go to college?

A: IUP, and Shippensburg University for Masters

Q: Why did you want this position?

A: I wanted to be able to work with students and teachers face to face in a school that is similar to my own community.

Q: What are your goals to improve the school?

A: Increase the level of communication so everyone knows what’s going on, and to make it a fun place to be while learning.

Q: How will you instill school spirit in our school?

A: I would love to have homeroom contests and more pep rallies, and make sure clubs run on a normal schedule. I want  all students to take part in celebrating who we are.

Q: What can you do to help bring back the clubs in our school?

A: Creative scheduling to make sure we can bring them back.

Q: In your opinion, what is the most important quality that a teacher needs to have?

A: A love of learning and an understanding of the needs of all of the students that they teach.

Q: What role do you think technology should play in the classroom and during school?

A: Technology needs to be a very large part of what happens in the classroom. I am working on plans to train the teachers and incorporating as much of it as possible.