Gotta Go Garoppolo

Jarret Bailey, Sports Writer

Ever since the story of deflate-gate broke out, NFL fans wanted justice through punishment to the New England Patriots. Now, four games without Tom Brady, $1 million and two surrendered draft picks later, that’s exactly what they got. So for the first four games of the regular season, the Patriots will be lead by Jimmy Garoppolo. I’m sure a lot of you look at that name and ask, “Who in the world is that?”  Believe me, I did too. Garappolo was the Pats 2014 second-round pick out of Eastern Illinois. He played briefly in 2014, throwing for 182 yards and 1 touchdown, and will be filling huge shoes in the first quarter of the 2015 campaign. The games in which the Patriots will be without Brady are as followed:

Week 1: Steelers

Week 2: at Bills

Week 3: Jaguars

Week 4: Bye Week

Week 5: at Cowboys

Right off the bat, they will face the team who (statistically) had the NFL’s most dangerous passing game in the Steelers. Although Pittsburgh will be without Le’Veon Bell, they are still a dangerous team on offense. The Pats will also have to worry about first-round pick Bud Dupree, who rounds up a strong linebacking corps. Week 2 will be a challenge as the Pats will face the fourth ranked defense from 2014 in Buffalo. They have a chance to go into their bye week with a win as they face Jacksonville at Foxborough. When they come back in Week 5, they face Dallas. The Cowboys finished with the 19th ranked defense last year, and with Demarco Murray gone, the Pats may have a chance to pull of the upset.

The Pats have a long road ahead for the first 5 weeks of the 2015 season, and Garoppolo is going to have his hands full by trying to fill the shoes of a 4-time Super Bowl Champion.