NFL Off-Season News

Jarret Bailey, Sports Writer

The NFL off-season is already off to a roaring start with deals, trades, and many shocking retirements, and it’s only March. In other words, you can never blink when the NFL is doing business or you might miss something big.

Free Agents from around the league are starting to make moves and many were surprising. Former Detroit Lions Pro-Bowl Defensive Linemen Ndamukong Suh made it official that he is heading to Miami to join the Dolphins, as he will be rewarded with a 6-year, $100+ Million dollar contract. All-Pro Cornerback Darrelle Revis is heading back to the Big Apple with the Jets, the team in which he began his career with before joining the Bucs two years ago and then the Patriots last year. The Jets signed Revis with a 5-year, $70 million dollar contract.

Trades have been going on since day one of the official start of the NFL Off-Season. Bears Wide receiver Brandon Marshall is also heading to the Jets and joining “Revis Island” after being traded from Chicago. Quarterbacks Sam Bradford and Nick Foles will trade cities and starting positions as Bradford is heading to Philly and Foles will be going to St. Louis. Perhaps the biggest trade so far is the trade that sent Jimmy Graham, who is arguably the best Tight End in the game, and beloved by all Saints fans, to the Seahawks in exchange for Max Unger and the 31st overall pick in the 2015 Draft.

Retirements obviously occur every year, but many are leaving the game very unexpectedly and without warning. The 49ers will be losing their heart and soul on defense in Patrick Willis as the seven-time Pro-Bowl Linebacker announced his retirement after 8 seasons. Steelers linebacker Jason Worilds announced his retirement, and he’s just 27 years of age. Long-time Cornerback Cortland Finnegan also announced his retirement as well.

This period is far from over, but already huge deals and news have gone down and is definitely expected to continue.