Student of the Week – Liliahna Wert

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: My favorite book is Fever, 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson. I’m a big fan of historical fiction, and it dives directly into the world of Philadelphia during the yellow fever pandemic of 1793.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: I honestly listen to any type of music, except for country. I also don’t necessarily have a favorite band or musician, because it always changes when I hear a new song.

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?

A:  My personal hero is my father, he served in the Air Force and he means a lot to me.

Q:  Was is your preferred or dream career/job?

A:  I would prefer to have any job in the medical field, but I am aiming to become an CRNP in emergency medicine.

Q:  Was has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: The highlights have been being able to socialize with my friends, and constantly being challenged academically.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A: I really enjoy English, because the curriculum is interesting and the subject is one of my strong suits.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why?

A: I wish that I would have spent more time in the library before it was closed, because I really enjoy reading a variety of books and I don’t have the amount of books at home that I would like.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year?

A:  1: I would like to achieve straight As. 2: I want to finish the school year on a good note, no drama, no fights with my friends. 3: I want to be as prepared as possible for my sophomore year.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   I would go to Europe. I would travel around in Italy, Germany, Ireland/England, and Poland. I’ve always been interested in Europe, and I want to experience the culture and foods that they make there.