Student of the Week

Congratulations to Evalynn Barrett for being voted student of week! Continue to read to Q&A to learn more about her.

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: Rated by Melissa Grey is my favorite book. I like this book because it shows people from many different backgrounds who are completely different from each other but they come together to fix a common problem. It is just a nice story that shows hardships that are made easier with friends.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: I enjoy everything from Eminem to George Strait. I like almost all genres of music including country, rock, rap, jazz, heavy metal, and many more.

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?

A: My personal hero is my little brother, Monroe. He has drug-resistant epilepsy called Dravet Syndrome. This means there has not yet been a drug found to stop his seizures. He has to fight through every day. His life will always be hard and we don’t know what the future holds but we have learned to enjoy the present and not think about the future.

Q:  Was is your preferred or dream career/job?

A: My dream career is to be an Equine veterinary specialist for horse shows.

Q:  Was has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A:The highlight of my high school experience is band class with Mr. Terwilliger.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A:My favorite subject is AG Science. I am a farmer so why wouldn’t I love a class that is completely based around farming.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why?

A:I actually think I’ve had a pretty good high school experience so far so I don’t really think I would change anything about it.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year?

A: Well I of course would like to pass ninth grade so I can continue on to tenth grade but I assume that is what everyone wants. I hope I can memorize my lines and perform well in the play this year. I also hope to pass the biology Keystone so I don’t have to take it again next year.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   I have never thought about studying abroad so I don’t even know where I could go or even how it works. I don’t really know if I have any interest in studying abroad. I don’t really know why I would even want to. I’d rather stay home on the farm with my cows and study to be an equine veterinarian and take a trip if I want to go to a forgein country than study abroad. It just does not interest me.