Student of the Week

Congratulations to Marley Best for being voted student of the week! Continue reading the following Q&A to get to know her a little better.

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde is my favorite book. The themes in the book are chilling and I can honestly say that I thought about this book every day for at least three weeks after I read it. It’s haunting. 

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: This is such a difficult question. I honestly listen to almost every genre. Right now, I favor alternative rock and classical music (which I recognize is a bit of an unconventional combination.) My favorite musicians are Hozier, The 1975, 5 Seconds of Summer, Paramore, and Lorde. As far as classical music goes, I tend to favor Vivaldi, Brahms, and Schumann. 

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?

A: My personal hero is my mother. She’s been here for me through the most difficult parts of my life.

Q:  Was is your preferred or dream career/job?

A: I want to be a band director. 

Q:  What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: The highlight of my high school experience has been band, and more specifically marching band. I love all of my band-mates and Mr. Terwilliger. Making music is one of the greatest privileges I have, and making music with others is very important to me. I cherish it.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A: Band is my favorite subject by far. I’ve always been very passionate about music.