Student of the Week

Congratulations to Rhiannon Laughlin for being voted student of the week! Continue reading this Q&A to learn more about her.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: Some of my hobbies include playing soccer, running, hanging out with friends, hiking, and shopping.

Q:  When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A:  I am usually looking at all my social media platforms. Most of the time I am watching tiktok.

Q: What would be your dream job? Why?

A: My dream job would be working with injured sea turtles at a rescue or aquarium. This is my dream job because turtles are one of my favorite animals so getting to learn more about them and rescue them would be something I would love to do.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite high school memory so far is winning the d9 Championship for Girl’s soccer and being the first ever in Redbank history.

Q: If you could recommend a high school class to add to the curriculum, what would it be? Why?

A: I would recommend adding a class that taught things such as how to do taxes, write checks, take out a loan, and other things similar to these. It would be very beneficial especially for seniors because all of these are important to know how to do before going to college.

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I have always wanted to visit Bora Bora because of the tropical setting. I want to surf and stay in a hut on the water.

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite subject is science. I enjoy learning about our environment and all of the other factors that play a role.

Q: Favorite song/movie and why?

A: My favorite song right now is Flaws and Sins by Juice WRLD. He is one of my favorite artists.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?   

A: I would have dinner with my great grandma. Because of COVID I did not get to see her again before she passed, so it would be nice to be able to see her again.

Q:  If you had to write a thank-note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be?   What lesson did you learn?

A: I would write a thank you-note to my mom. She always told me to put forth my best effort in everything I do. This is applicable to almost everything I do in life and has got me very far.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: My passion is definitely the environment. Keeping it, along with everything in it, protected.

Q:  What are your plans after high school?

A:  After high school I plan to attend Chatham University for Environmental Science and play soccer.