Student of the Week

Congratulations to Mackenna Rankin for being voted student of the week!  Continue reading the Q&A to learn more about her.

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: I like the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. It is about a group of peasants trying to overtake a corrupt monarchy. During the drama and fight scenes, I couldn’t put the book down.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: I like most genres of music and it really just depends on my mood or whatever I feel like listening to. My favorite musician would probably be Doja Cat. Her music is upbeat and always puts me in a good mood. 

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?

A: I think God would be my personal hero. He has always been there for me when I needed help or forgiveness.

Q:  What is your preferred or dream career/job?

A:  My dream job is to become a doctor. I have always been interested in the medical field and helping others.

Q:  What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: The highlight of my high school experience so far has been going to Mrs. Dinger’s room during study hall and activity period, working and socializing and occasionally carrying on.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A: My favorite subjects are science and gym. I enjoy learning about the things that make up the world we live in. I also enjoy being physically active in gym class.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why?

A: I wish I would’ve forced myself to try different extracurricular activities. The reason I love track and volleyball now is because I forced myself to try these things and now I love them. Maybe if I did that with other things, I would have been involved in something that I didn’t think I would enjoy.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year?

A: I would like to get straight A’s for each marking period. I would also like to be more outgoing and social. Finally, I want to be a little more organized.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   I would like to spend a year in Italy. I think it would be great to experience the culture, art, food, and landmarks.