Golden Bulldog Award Goes to Ms. Kronen!

This week Mr. Reitz and the lunch staff have chosen Ms. Kronen for the Golden Bulldog Award.

Mr. Reitz and the lunch staff say:

Ms. Kronen’s involvement with the school, students and community goes beyond the classroom. She is more than the traditional “in the classroom” teacher. Ms. Kronen oversees the greenhouse, which does more than just teach students how to grow plants. It exposes them to what is involved in running a business. She and her students have turned it into a spring time destination for so many area families looking to purchase decorative and garden plants. She also is the adviser for the FFA which makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for leadership, growth and career success. That organization is the driving force behind the annual Veteran’s Day assembly here at the high school, which is wonderful event honoring the Veterans of our community. 

Over the last few years Ms. Kronen has worked with the cafeteria, and using her resources and knowledge, has helped supply the kitchen with a variety of fresh vegetables for student meals.

This past spring/summer she was the driving force behind the “Masked Teachers’, the organized group of Redbank Valley teachers that collected donations and supplied numerous families with not only fruits and veggies, but also meats, breads and milk to help them out during the initial pandemic shutdown that affected a lot of local families. Redbank Valley is lucky to have such a woman, and for that, Ms. Kronen is our choice for the Golden Bulldog Award.”