Student of the Week

Congratulations to Nicolas Farster, senior, for being voted Student of the Week! Continue reading to find out more about him.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: Writing, computers and technology, and video games.

Q:  When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A:  I am usually watching videos relating to games that I play, or I am talking with my friends.

Q: What would be your dream job? Why?

A: My dream job would be working for a space agency or company because I am fascinated by the universe and the idea of exploring it.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite memory of high school so far would be our first-year Christmas party at the Clarion County Career Center in my Computer Networking class.

Q: If you could recommend a high school class to add to the curriculum, what would it be? Why?

A: I believe a life skills class would be very beneficial to everybody but especially students whose parental figures or guardians do not communicate with them about such ideas.

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I would like to visit Poland, specifically Warsaw, because the country is rich with history and culture. I am always interested in learning about other parts of the world.

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite subject would be my Computer Networking class because I am learning about things that truly interest me and because I am gaining experience and certifications on top of the knowledge.

Q: Favorite song/movie and why?

A: My favorite movie would be Fury (2014) because I am interested in the history of World War Two, and I enjoy action movies.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?   

A: I would have dinner with my grandfather on my mother’s side. I never met him before since he passed away when my mother was four, and I would be interested to learn more about him and his service in World War Two in the Corp of Engineers.

Q:  If you had to write a thank-note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be?   What lesson did you learn?

A: I would write a note to my Career Center instructor, Walter Slywczuk, for teaching me to not second-guess myself or my abilities in my work. I used to overthink about whether or not I was “good enough” in just about everything I did, but now I do not doubt my abilities nearly as much as I had before.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: My passion right now is technology. More specifically, I am trying to learn as much as I can at the Career Center about computers, networks, security, and everything in between.

Q:  What are your plans after high school?

A:  I plan to move to another state (most likely Texas) and find a job in the information technology field or another related computer career.