Student of the Week

Congratulations to Mia Gourley for being Student of the Week! If you want to know a little more about Mia continue reading!

Q: What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: My favorite book is The Giver by Lois Lowry because every single time I read it, I find something new and interesting about it. It also shifts my view on life itself and it is always nice to get a new perspective on things.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy? What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: I love all music of any genre except country, but my favorite musician has to be either Elvis Presely or Ella Fitzgerald. Elvis just has a uniqueness to his voice that I love and Ella just sounds like butter. I could listen to them for hours and hours.

Q: Who is your personal hero and why?

A: My personal hero is my mother because she has gone above and beyond for me. She is always there for me and I can tell her anything.

Q: What is your preferred or dream career/job?

A: My dream job is to become a OB/GYN which is an obstetrician/gynecologist because I would love nothing more than to bring lives into the world.

Q: What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far? 

A: The highlight of my high school career has got to be every moment I got to spend with my friends and all the connections that I will keep well into adulthood.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A: Science is my favorite subject because it has always fascinated me. Everything about science is cool and you can never get bored.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why?
A: If we could just take out the whole COVID experience that would be lovely. For me, learning online is almost impossible, I need to be face-to-face, so the COVID-19 really shook up my world in terms of learning.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year.

A; I would like to keep a straight A in anatomy/physiology; do something big with NHS that could change the school in some sort of way; and start peer tutoring.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: If I could go anywhere in the world, I am not picky at all. I love, love, love traveling, and nothing would make me happier than to explore the amazing world and all its little quirks.