Student of The Week

Karissa Noel Reichard – I plan to pursue an associates degree at Cal U to become a physical therapist assistant.

Congratulations to Karissa Reichard for being Student of the Week!  Continue reading this questionnaire to find a little bit more about Karissa.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: My hobbies include soccer, art, shopping, baking, traveling, and listening to music

Q:  When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A: I’m usually watching videos on Youtube or whatever show is on Netflix at the time.

Q: What would be your dream job? Why?

A: My dream job would be to pursue a life in a creative career where I am able to design, create, or organize. I love art and being able to design things but it’s difficult to find fulfilling jobs in that area. I love helping others so many careers in the healthcare industry are exciting to me.

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite memory so far is my soccer career. I joined soccer my sophomore year and have been in it ever since. Being able to progress as a team with my friends by my side has been so much fun. Recently we were the third girls soccer team in Redbank history to make it past the semifinals, and will be playing in the finals next week.

Q: If you could recommend a high school class to add to the curriculum, what would it be? Why?

A: I would add an art class that includes different projects such as pottery or sculpture along with our existing art classes.

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I would like to visit Hawaii because I’ve heard so many good things about it. It seems like a beautiful place with a lot to explore and discover and I want to experience their culture and way of life on the island.

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite subject would probably be the sciences in general. I like biology and anatomy because they are interesting to me and the knowledge seems to come naturally.

Q: Favorite song/movie and why?

A: My favorite song at the moment is Vienna by Billy Joel. In the song, “Vienna” is a metaphor for the rest of your life; the song encourages young and restless overachievers to slow their fast pace of life down and realize they have the rest of their life to find the love and happiness they seek. This song means a lot to me because I feel like I get so caught up in the stresses of everyday life that I forget that I’m young and have so much time to figure things out.

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?   

A: I would probably have dinner with Miley Cyrus. I know it sounds silly, but I grew up watching her on Disney Channel and she has changed so much since then. Yes, some people may think that she has done some questionable things, but she isn’t afraid to be herself and do what she wants to do even though she risks being criticized for it. She stands up for her fans and teaches them not to be afraid of who they are or who they want to be and to just embrace their personality. I am curious to see how she has stayed true to herself even through all the criticism, because I know how hard that can be.

Q:  If you had to write a thank-note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be?   What lesson did you learn?

A: I would be writing a lot of notes for many different people, but I would probably write a thank you letter to my mom. My mom has always been there for me no matter what I’m going through, and she taught me never settle for less than I deserve. I can tend to be a doormat at times but she has taught me that it’s okay to stand up for myself and that my feelings are valid. I cannot thank her enough for guiding me through my life in school and for raising me so well. I appreciate her so much and don’t know what I would have done without her.

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: My passion is being able to be there for others and to be a good friend, family member, student, and teammate. I love being able to listen to others’ problems and being able to work through it with them, give them advice, or comfort them. I like “fixing” people and solving problems, and I am able to put myself in their shoes to help them as best as I can.

Q:  What are your plans after high school?

A:  My plans after high school are to attend either California University of Pennsylvania or Mount Aloysius College to get an Associates Degree to become a physical therapy assistant.