Golden Bulldog Award Goes to Mr. Gold

Mr. Gold with Alivia Huffman of The Bark

School nurse, Mrs. Valerie Steffy, selected Mr. Blane Gold, history teacher and football coach, for this week’s Golden Bulldog Award.  Mrs. Steffy says…

Mr. Gold is a social studies teacher at the high school, but he is much more than a teacher to his students. He is a mentor that strives to develop a relationship with each student he works with on the field and in the classroom. He wants his students to know that he is there for them for a lifetime, not just until they walk out of the high school or off the football field for the last time.

Mr. Gold spends much time and energy organizing the Search for Work Day, which is designed to help students prepare for the job search process.

Mr. Gold is also the head football coach. I was present at the school board the night Mr. Gold accepted the position as the head football coach. It impressed me that he stated that he is living his dream of teaching and coaching in the same community in which he lives. He not only coaches the football team, but his main goal is to develop men of strong character and integrity. His civic and service-mindedness is an example to everyone.

Mr. Gold, thank you for your service and dedication to Redbank Valley High School and it’s students.