Student of the Week – 09.28.2020

Congratulations, Clara Gourley, for being selected Student of the Week!

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I love to read and draw. When I can, I will spend a lot of time relaxing on my couch with my labradoodle. During summer I swim at my cousin’s pond. 

Q:  When you get screen time, what are you viewing?

A:  I am not particularly picky about what I watch. Some of my favorite shows are NCIS and Criminal Minds. 

Q: What would be your dream job? Why?

A: I don’t know what my dream job would be. As a kid I wanted to be an ambassador and travel to foreign countries. 

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: One of my favorite memories was Mrs. Lightner’s Anatomy and Physiology class in 10th grade. We got to eat popcorn when we weren’t learning. I also got to dissect a cat which is a memorable experience. 

Q: If you could recommend a high school class to add to the curriculum, what would it be? Why?

A: I would love to have a diagramming class. I learned how to diagram sentences in 7th grade and I still use those skills till this day. Diagramming has helped me become a better writer. 

Q: Where is one place on the planet you would like to visit someday? Why?

A: I would love to visit Thailand. I have always wanted to visit the temples and see the beaches. 

Q: Favorite class subject and why:

A: My favorite class subject is English. It has always been the easiest subject for me to learn. 

Q: Favorite song/movie and why?

A: One of my favorite movies would have to be The Princess Bride. My grandfather really loves that movie and introduced us grandchildren to it when we were young. 

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?   

A: I would love to meet J.R.R. Tolkien. He wrote some of my favorite series. I loved reading his books when I was young. 

Q:  If you had to write a thank-note to a person who has taught you an important life lesson, who would it be?   What lesson did you learn?

A: My father. He has taught me what true strength really is. 

Q: What is your passion, as of right now in high school?

A: While I don’t have a particular passion right now, I do have an area of interest. I love government and law. 

Q:  What are your plans after high school?

A:  I am planning on attending college and then law school. With a law degree I have many options.