Student of the Week 10.12.20

Congratulations to Josie Neiswonger for being student of the week!  Continue reading this questionnaire to find a little bit more about Josie.

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: My favorite book is The Discovery Saga Collection, A 6-part Series from Lancaster County, by Wanda & Brunstetter. The book keeps you on your toes with all the drama and romance. It’s an Amish book that doesn’t disappoint.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why?

A: I love country and worship music. My favorite country artist has to be Kane Brown or Maddie and Tae. These artists sing catchy songs that I can’t get out of my head. My favorite Christian band is the Allan Scott Band or Casting Crowns. These bands are Christian bands, and I love how they show their love of Jesus through their songs to share with others. 

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?

A: My personal hero has to be my dad. I have always been a daddy’s girl and I couldn’t do anything without him. He encouraged me to start softball, to play 3 instruments, and to always try new things.

Q:  What is your preferred or dream career/job?

A: I would love to be a Registered Nurse working with kids. I would love to go to BC3 and plan B is Clarion. I’m going to go for my 2 year Associate’s Degree so I can get the experience that I need. 

Q:  What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: The highlight of my high school experience is when I lettered in Marching Band when in the same season we won 1st place in the Autumn Leaf Parade. I lettered in Softball and made friendships even stronger.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why?

A: My favorite subject is Math. I love planning out problems then solving it. Another reason is the teacher. Mrs. Weaver is the best teacher that I have ever had. She is so organized and nice that you get things instantly just by the way she teaches. We like to have fun while learning, if you don’t have fun when you learn, then that class isn’t worth remembering.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why?

A: I have strong feelings about wearing these masks and I don’t like wearing them. That is probably the only thing that I don’t like so far.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year?

A: I would like to get straight A’s every quarter, learn new crochet patterns, and new piano music. 

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: This may seem weird to you because it’s still in the US. I would love to go to Alaska. I love the mountains and the waters up there. I would go hiking, water rafting, and try parasailing. I would also like to go to Alaska during their winter months. I love being in the snow and feeling the cold weather.