Students of the Week: Three Good Men

The first three Students of the Week at the Redbank Valley High School

Remington+Orange%2C+Matthew+Green%2C+and+Zane+Coil+

Remington Orange, Matthew Green, and Zane Coil

Congratulations to Remington Orange, Zane Coil, and Matthew Green on earning Student of the Week at the Redbank Valley High School! Continue reading the following questionaire to get to know these three good men a little more.

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author and why? 

Remington: My favorite book is Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It’s a 5th grade reading level book but it reminds me of elementary school and a simpler time. It’s about survival in the woods and it was incredibly interesting at the time.

Q: What kind of music do you enjoy?  What’s your favorite band or musician and why? 

Matthew: TobyMac is my favorite artist because the message of his songs combined with his unique sound creates an experience I can’t get enough of. I also enjoy classical music- because without it, we wouldn’t have the music we love today.

Q:  Who is your personal hero and why?   

Zane: I have multiple, it is all of the law enforcement and paramedics who put themselves in danger to help others.

Q:  Was is your preferred or dream career/job? 

Remington: I would love to be either a VFX (Video Effects) Artist or flipping homes. A VFX artist would typically work on the computer aspect of movies or TV, and a house flipper would take run down homes and give them an update for reselling.

Q:  Was has been the highlight of your high school experience so far? 

Matthew: I have enjoyed every minute of every extracurricular activity I’ve participated in! Specifically, I’ve really enjoyed Marching Band and the FBLA School Store.

Q: What is your favorite subject and why? 

Zane: I enjoy chemistry. It is a lot of fun and it provides a challenge.

Q: If you could change one thing about your high school experience so far, what would that change be and why? 

Matthew: Looking back, I think that I would have taken a few more risks. I’ve learned recently that if you don’t try anything, you can’t achieve anything. Even when I’ve failed, I’ve learned something that has helped me down the road. 

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish this school year 

Remington: I hope to have a successful track year, keep my grades as high as I can, and many memories to add to the scrapbooks.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

Zane: I would go to Italy. It has interesting history and quite a bit of amazing modern things.