Student of the Week 5.11.20

Photo submitted by Madison Moore

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author, and why?

A: My favorite book is still “The Storyteller” by Jodi Picoult. I love how different stories intertwined with one another, and I also think books about the Holocaust are really interesting. 

Q:  What is your favorite band or musician and why?

A: One of my favorite musicians currently is Rex Orange County. I like the way he writes his songs because they are very unique. I usually listen to him in the summertime. 

Q: Who is your personal hero and why?

A: Myself, because I finally got through high school! 

Q:  What is your preferred or dream career/job:

A:  I hope to become a Physical Therapist and work at either a hospital or a private business. 

Q:  What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: One of my favorite highlights from high school is sitting with Owen, Frankie, and Anthony in Biology 2 and giving Mr. Anderson a hard time. 

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A: AP English because we are still getting stuff done, but aren’t being put under too much pressure. 

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?

A: Personally, I think that we should only be provided optional enrichment material. I think it’s ridiculous to act like we can be an “online school” when we’ve never had experience in being one. As someone who has taken real online classes, I can confidently say that Google Classroom is not a suitable replacement for the students. I don’t blame any of the teachers for what they are assigning, as they are just trying to make do, but I think some teachers are expecting too much from students that aren’t truly being taught. 

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A: I would just like to finish my classes, graduate, and start getting ready for college.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: I would go to Japan. I think Japanese culture is really interesting and different from what I experience in the US.