Graduation

Graduation

The following information about the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 was recently published by the Redbank Valley School District administration:

• Redbank Valley High School will host its commencement exercises on June 2nd at 6:30 PM** at the Redbank Valley Park. Due to the global pandemic, this year’s graduation ceremony will be a drive-in ceremony. We wanted to create an experience that complies with the current COVID-19 restrictions and provides a meaningful ceremony to celebrate our seniors. This ceremony will have all the elements of a normal graduation. It will mirror the weekly church services that have been held throughout this time of social distancing. 
  • Every senior will be given tickets for two cars.  They will be in one car with family members, and another ticket will be for one extra car for family only.  The ceremony will be live streamed so that folks not in attendance will be able to watch from home.
  • We are encouraging our community to creatively support our seniors all over the county. We would love to see signs of support and congratulations for the class of 2020 on business signs, billboards, churches, and front yards. We want our seniors to see that our community loves and supports them, and we hope that they see signs of that everywhere they look as they drive to graduation! 
  • The decision not to delay commencement until the summer was not made lightly. The possibility of having a traditional graduation is highly unlikely and we wanted to make sure that our Seniors had a memorable experience to celebrate their academic careers, their hard work, and their dedication to Redbank Valley High School.  We believe that with the support of our community and the positivity of our parents, these students will enjoy an experience that no other graduating class from Redbank Valley High School has.  Safety has also been at the forefront of all of our decisions, which is why we have decided to have graduation this way.  We decided to host this at Redbank Valley Park to enable the students to graduate in their community.  We are working as hard as we can to create the most memorable experience for our Seniors because they deserve nothing less than excellence. 

**Rain date will be June 3rd at 6:30 PM