Student of the Week 5.04.20

Photograph submitted by Josie Neiswonger

Student of the Week for May 4 was ninth grader, Josie Neiswonger. Congratulations, Josie!

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author, and why?

A: I don’t have a favorite book, but I love this Amish book series called The Charmed Amish Life by Shelley Shepard Grey.  I love books that have romance and drama, and this book has both. 

Q:  What is your favorite band or musician and why?

A: My favorite band is Casting Crowns. They are a Christian band, and I love how they show their love of Jesus through their songs to share with others. 

Q: Who is your personal hero and why?

A: My personal hero has to be my dad. I have always been a daddy’s girl, and I couldn’t do anything without him. He encouraged me to start softball, to play 3 instruments, and to always try new things.

Q:  What is your preferred or dream career/job:

A:  My dream career would probably be a pediatric nurse.

Q:  What has been the highlight of your high school experience so far?

A: The highlight of my high school experience is when I lettered in Marching Band, and in the same season, we won 1st place in the Autumn Leaf Parade. 

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A: My favorite online subject is Physical Science. Mr. Wolff organizes everything day by day so it’s so easy to know what to do each day.  

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?

A: One thing I would change is the way teachers post things. I would prefer if they would post everything Sunday night so on Monday morning, when I wake up at 6:30 in the morning, I can do everything right then and not have to wait until they post things later on in the day.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A: I would like to get straight A’s for the final quarter, buy myself the iPhone from the money I made during this quarantine, and learn how to play a new instrument.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   I would like to go to Alaska. I love the mountains and the waters up there. I would go hiking, water rafting, and try parasailing.