Student of the Week 04.27.2020

Student of the Week for April 27 was tenth grader, Anthony McGuire. Congratulations, Anthony!

Q:  Favorite book, its author and why:

A: Even though I am not much of a reader, my favorite novel is “Lord of the Rings” by J. R. R. Tolkien. The storyline, as well as the book’s fantasies, make it an enjoyable read. 

Q:  Favorite band or musician and why:

A: I usually don’t pick favorites when it comes to music; I enjoy a variety of artists and genres. However, if I had to choose one artist, I would pick Dierks Bentley. He infuses a classical style of country music with the modern times. 

Q:  Personal hero and why:

A: My personal hero would have to be my mom. She is always there for me through both good and bad times. I always look to her when I need guidance or a smile on my face. 

Q:  Preferred or dream career/job:

A: Architectural engineering is something that I have always been interested in. I love seeing thoughts and images become reality.  

Q:  Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: This definitely has to be Friday nights under the lights. The whole entire football family puts in a tremendous amount of effort every week to get better at the game of football. The bonds that are created between teammates cannot be broken. 

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A: Currently, my favorite online subject is U.S. History with Dr. Harmon. I always look forward to being challenged while learning about our nation’s past. 

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?

A: If it was up to me, I would make the online course more meaningful. It currently seems like the work that I am completing is only meant to give me something to do. 

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A:  1) Spending more time with my family. It seems like we have taken a step back and done more projects together.

2) Staying physically active; I have a hard time finding motivation in my house to complete a workout. 

3) Continue to keep my grades up during this time of boredom.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:  I would personally go to the city of Dubai. There are so many beauties of this city that cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world.