Student of the Week 3.30.2020

Student of the Week for March 30 was tenth grader, Remington Orange. Congratulations, Remi!

Q:  Favorite book, its author and why:

A: I’d have to say my favorite book would be the “Miss Peregrines” series, written by Ransom Riggs. The books really take you away and it’s written very vividly. The words step off the page.

Q:  Favorite band or musician and why: 

A: I jump from artist to artist, but currently I really love Frank Ocean. He has a smooth flow with very slow beats. I like calm music and his is just that.

Q:  Personal hero and why:

A: My personal hero is my mom. No matter what kind of stress or trouble she has in her life, she’s always there for me, making sure I’m okay before she is. She puts others before herself and that means the world to me.

Q:  Preferred or dream career/job:

A: I’d love to be a Video Effects Artist, Editing major motions pictures for Marvel or Disney.

Q:  Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: The friends. All of my friends became more mature, yet more childish…and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of guys to call my “homies”.

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A:My favorite online subject, I guess, would be Art. I can work for an hour, take a break, come back, and get some pretty pictures just with a pencil and some markers.

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?

A: Online school?  I really don’t love it–busy work piled on to make five days worth of work.  I’d like if some of the work wasn’t just worksheets with no meaning other than too much practice.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A:     1. Fix my sleep schedule. Waking up at 2 PM isn’t my favorite habit.  2. Continue drawing and using this inside time to make some artwork.  3. Get some housework done. All this time around the house really gives me time to clean it up.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A:   With this virus, no thanks. Without it, I’d love to study in London. I can’t do the separate language barrier. I’d like to understand most everything I hear and see, and I think it would be an interesting place to stay for a while.