Student of the Week 04.20.20

The student of this week is junior, Gabby Dinger. Congratulations Gabby!

Q: What is your favorite book, its author and why?

A: I really don’t have time and patience to read, but when I do, my favorite book would have to be Throwing Like A Girl by Weezie Kerr Mackey. The book does a great job of showing the positives and negatives of what it’s like being a teen trying to balance friends, family and athletics all at the same time.

Q: Favorite band or musician and why:

A: I have a lot of favorite artists, but one of them is Post Malone because I’ve always enjoyed his music.

Q: Personal hero and why:

A: I would have to say that my grandma is my person hero because she’s taught me that there’s always positives in every situation and she’s always been there for me no matter what.

Q: What is your preferred or dream job/career?

A: My future career goal is to become an early childhood educator, specifically for kids in second or third grade.

Q: Highlight of your highschool experience so far:

A: One highlight of my high school experience was during my sophomore season of softball when I hit my first varsity homerun and then after that game I got inducted into National Honor Society. That was a really great day for me!

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A: My favorite online course is Trig/Pre-Calc with Mr. Hepler because I really enjoy how he allows his students multiple attempts to get the highest grade they possibly can on each assignment.

Q: If you could change one thing about the online course, what would you change and why?

A: I would extend certain deadlines for assignments because I feel that some classes don’t give students enough time to complete their assigned work.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A: I would like to spend more time with my family and friends, keep my grades up and spend more time outside.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: I would go to London, England, because I’ve always wanted to see London’s tourist attractions in person.