Student of the Week 3.23.2020

Student of the Week for March 23 was eleventh grader, Ciara Mills. Congratulations, Ciara!

Q:  What is your favorite book, its author, and why?

A: My favorite book has to be Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The book has the perfect amount of suspense, romance, and elements that I can relate to.

Q:  Favorite band or musician and why:

A: It is very hard for me to pick a favorite band; however, right now it is Bring Me The Horizon. I have listened to them for many years now, and I find their evolution from metal core to a more pop style really interesting to witness.

Q:  Personal hero and why:

A: My personal hero is definitely my mom. She is the most hardworking, strong, and humble woman I have ever met. I aspire to be like her everyday.

Q:  Was is your preferred or dream career/job?

A: My dream career is to own my own law firm and work as a criminal defense or corporate attorney.

Q:  Highlight of your high school experience so far:

A: A highlight of my high school experience is spending time with the marching band under the “Friday Night Lights”. Playing music with them and supporting the football team is something I truly enjoy.

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?

A: My favorite online subject is Trig/Pre-Calc. We’ve been doing our lessons through Khan Academy, and I really enjoy math if I know what I’m doing.

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?

A: I think the online school course can be confusing. Certain assignments are due at many different times, and it is hard to keep up, in my opinion.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:

A: 1. I have been working out really hard and trying to make better food choices throughout this quarantine. I would love to be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle for as long as I can.

2. I want to maintain good grades and keep up with my schoolwork.

3. I would like to do some self-reflection and become a better version of myself.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?

A: I would love to go to Tokyo, Japan. To get a chance to experience the culture, food, and education there would be a dream come true.