RVHS Greenhouse Curbside Pickup

You may be wondering why our high school greenhouse is closed while others are remaining open. Since our greenhouse is part of the school,  it was required to closed.  What about all the plants and those regular customers who count on the Redbank Valley High School greenhouse each spring?  Ms. Kronen, Redbank Valley’s horticulture teacher, and Mrs. Sayers, the greenhouse aide, have decided to do curbside pickups. They will start taking orders May 1.  Pick up times will be arranged at the time of the order.

How does the curbside pick up work, you may ask? It’s very simple. Either email Ms. Kronen at [email protected] and Mrs. Sayers at [email protected] , or you can call the school at 814-275-2424 where you will find the greenhouse extension. They are not always at the greenhouse, so if no one answers, make sure you leave your name and number, so they can call you back. They are planning to do this as long as the plants last. As always, the RVHS greenhouse has a wide variety of plants.

Not only did the horticulture students plant wonderful flowers, but this year they also planted vegetables for the school cafeteria. In order not to waste these vegetable plants, Kronen will distribute many of them to students who go through the drive-thru lunch line.  Students may then grow vegetables of their own at home.

Thank you, Ms. Kronen, for taking the time to answer some questions for The Bark and its readers about the greenhouse. We also need to give a big thank you to Mrs. Sayers, who has been watering the plants and taking care of the greenhouse since the school has been closed.