Student of the Week 03.16.2020

Student of the Week for March 16 was twelfth grader Lauren Smith.  Congratulations, Lauren!

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I like to spend time with my family and friends, workout, and cook food. 

Q: What would be your dream job? Why?

A: My dream job would be a midwife at a bigger hospital close to home. I have always had an interest in women’s health care. Working at a hospital that is bigger and close to home has always been a dream of mine because my family is really important to me, and I want to be able to help a lot of patients. 

Q: What is your favorite memory from high school so far?

A: My favorite memory has been my senior basketball season. My team felt like my family. We had a really special bond this year that I have never felt before over the course of my athletic career. Winning the D9 AA Championship has been one of our biggest goals for as long as I can remember and this year we finally did it. 

Q: What has been your favorite class and why?

A: My favorite class was Bio 2 with Mrs. Lightner. I have always liked biology, but Mrs. Lightner made me love it. I learned so much that year, not just about biology, but about myself too. Bio 2 helped me to grow in knowledge and as a person. 

Q: If you could have dinner with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?   

A: I would have dinner with Sadie Robertson Huff (Duck Dynasty). I love reading what she writes and listening to her podcasts. She truly lives her life for Jesus and to meet her and talk to her would be an experience of a lifetime. 

Q:  What are your plans after high school?

A: I plan to attend Clarion University-Venango to acquire an Associate’s Degree in Nursing. From there I plan to work for a few years and then return to school to become a midwife. 

Q: What senior tradition are you going to miss most?  Why?

A: I am going to miss opening my time capsule with my friends. It will be fun getting to see the things I put in there, but I think opening it with my friends would be much more fun, looking back and laughing about the past. 

Q: What are your thoughts on how your senior year ended? 

A: I am truly sad about how my senior year ended. I know that God has put me through this for a reason and someday I will hopefully know why.