Student of the Week 04.06.20

This week’s student of the week is ninth grader Bailey Laughlin.

Q: Favorite book, its author and why:
A: I can’t really choose a favorite, but I really like Prisoner B-3087 by Alan Gratz because it’s very interesting to read about the Holocaust.

Q: Favorite band or musician and why:
A: I have a lot of favorite artists, but one of them is Noah Cyrus because I really enjoy her music.

Q: Personal hero and why:
A: I have a lot of “heros” in my life, but I consider my grandma my personal hero because she has taught me a lot in life, and fought cancer and didn’t give up.

Q: Preferred or dream career/job:
A: I want to be a marine biologist or a marine rehabilitator.

Q: Highlight of your high school experience so far:
A: The highlight of my high school experience is probably Snowcamp 2020 because I grew closer with God, and had a great time with my friends.

Q: What is your favorite online subject and why?
A: My favorite online subject is probably English because I really like the work that Mr. Fricko gives us, and he does a great job at explaining everything even though we aren’t together in person.

Q: If you could change one thing about the online school course, what would that change be and why?
A: I think that teachers should only be allowed to post a certain amount of work per week, because it feels like I’m doing more work than I would be doing in the classroom. I also don’t think students should have to be on their computer, doing work for such a large portion of the day.

Q: Name three things you would like to accomplish during quarantine and the rest of the online school year:
A: I want to get better at biology and keep my grade up, spend more time with my family, and spend a lot of time outdoors.

Q: If you could spend one year abroad, where would you go and why?
A: I would probably go to the Bahamas because I love the beach, and I want to become a marine biologist, so it would be a good place to work on that.