Girl’s Bball Recap: 2-6-15

Mackenzie Pence, Assistant Editor

It was the final regular season home game for the girls’s basketball team last Friday. The season may be coming to a close, but the Lady Bulldogs will be going into playoffs! Not only was it the last home game, but it was also Senior Night. This year, we will be saying goodbye to 4 seniors that played a very important role on the court through the years. The Seniors who were recognized at Friday’s game were Kaelyn Gruver, Cassie Fink, Megan Bain, and Cambria Hornberger. Congrats on a successful season!

But sadly, after a battle between Redbank and Moniteau, the Warriors prevailed. The effort never ceased from both teams, with the Bulldogs leading in the first quarter at a score of 15 to 10, but by the 2nd, Moniteau crept up and scored a few more points, making it 21 to 24 at the half. The third quarter opens up with the Warriors scoring 2 points, but Brooke Hinderliter comes right back to score 2 foul shots. The teams go back and forth, until Becca Dougherty sinks a 2 pointer to catch up. Moniteau comes back to score 3 more points, ending the 3rd quarter at a score of 27 to 31, Moniteau. 3 minutes into the 4th quarter, Brooke finally makes a layup and shortly after, Becca shoots 3, taking the lead at 32 to 31. The teams go back and forth some more, battling it out until the very end. The bleachers roar with excitement as Redbank scores 2 more points, but Moniteau comes back to score a three pointer and a layup. At this point, it’s very late in the game. The Warriors start to accumulate more and more points, while the Bulldogs try to pick up the pace. The score at the end of the game is 36-42, ending the last regular season home game.