Lady Bulldogs’ Season Highlights

Photo by Shelly Atzeni. To see more of Shellys pictures http://www.shellyatzeni.smugmu/

Tip-off tournament:

The tip-off tournament took place at Franklin High School on December 6 & 7. The Lady Dogs played against Iroquois on Friday night and then defeated Franklin in the championship game on Saturday. This win allowed the Lady Dogs to start off their season with a 2-0 streak.

Hinderliter scores 1000 Points:

Hinderliter a senior at RVHS Scored her 1,000th point during the Lady Dogs Christmas Tournament at West Shamokin in the game against Ligonier Valley High School. She was able to come out of the game with her career game high of 38 points. The Lady dogs went on to

If you would like to read the full story click here.

Starting off the season going 5-0 in the season and 3-0 in the KSAC:

The Lady Bulldog started off the season with a 5 game winning streak. They won both games in the tip-off and beat Karns City, Cranberry, and Clarion in regular season games.  This winning streak brought hope for a great season.

Beat Clarion in overtime; Hindelighter career high of 40 points on senior night:

Senior night was Friday January 21, 2020. The game was a double header against Clarion The girls played at 6:00 with the boys to follow. The game was back and forth all night long; it was a ” Foul Fest” according to D9sports. Both Clarion and Redbank had 3 players fouled out of the game, with a total of 59 fouls called during the game. The game was 60-58 until Claire Clouse made a layup putting the game into overtime. Starting off the Overtime tied 60-60 the Lady Bulldogs only allowed the Lady Cats to get up 5 more points. When Hinderliter  Score 7 of her 40 points in Overtime allowing the Lady Bulldogs to beat the Lady Cats 69-65. Click here to read the senior night article.

Two games in a row in overtime:  

Two of the Lady bulldogs game this season have went into overtime. The game with the Visiting Cranberries on Wednesday January 29, 2020 did not go in favor of the Lady bulldogs, The Bulldogs lost 45-50. Later in to the week On Friday January 31, 2020  the Lady Bulldogs sent another game into overtime with the visiting Lady Cats, the Lady Bulldogs came out on top With a win 69-65.

Awesome student section against Keystone:

The Lady dogs had a huge game against Keystone on Tuesday, February 4, 2020. This game decided if the lady dogs  still had a chance at the KSAC title.  The student section was beach themed and the stands were packed. Students chanting  “MVP” when Hinderliter scored.  When the ball was Redbank’s, they chanted “Which way? That way!” and  “Whose house? Our house!”  At the end of the game they chanted, ” I believe that we just won”.  We have the best student fans ever.

The JV Team being undefeated:

The Junior Varsity team consisted of 11th- 9th graders with some girls who dressed/played on varsity. The team was coached by Mike Dawson who lead the team to a undefeated season.

Winning The KSAC South:

The Lady Dogs swept the KSAC South allowing them to play North Clarion, the KSAC North winner at Clarion University Tippin Gym.

To read more about the KSAC South win Click here.

Hinderliter  Lead scorer in District 9: 

Hinderliter scores an average of 22. 1 points per game.  Congratulations Tara!

If you want to see who else is on the list click here to read D9’s article. 

Advancing the District playoffs:

The Lady Bulldogs took on Kane at Brockway High School on Friday February 21, 2020. The Lady dogs defeated Kane (37-25), allowing them to play Clarion for the third time. Then, defeating them for a (63-51), for a ¨three peat.¨  The Lady Dog then advanced to the District Title game that was being played on Friday.

Winning the District Title: 

On Friday February 28, “Banner Day”, the Lady bulldogs were getting ready to possibly do something that was never done in their lifetimes. Football head coach Blane Gold hosted a pep rally at the end of the school day, which included a three point contest, a half court contest, and Gold putting 5 seconds on the clock for Hinderliter to shoot a buzzer beater and the whole school and running on the  court to celebrate. Before they started the clock, Gold said, “When your Lady bulldogs win tonight, I want all of to run on the floor to celebrate with them.¨ After school, the football team made a taco buffet for the girls. Once the Lady Dogs made it to Tippin gym and got ready for tip-off, The Bulldogs pulled out a win over Keystone (48-37). The student section was sadly not able to run on the floor, but the team ran over to them and celebrated. After the win the Lady Bulldogs were presented with the first place medal and title plack.  On the way back, the girls got Shamrock shakes from McDonald’s to celebrate their win, and once they got to  New Bethlehem the fire depart picked the Lady Bulldogs up and took them the whole way through town back to the high school.

Congratulations Ladies!

A special thanks to the RV community for coming out and supporting our Lady Dogs at many games, the Redbank Valley Students for an amazing student section. Also, a big thank you to the sports boosters, parents, and coaches for everything they have done for the team all season!