Basketball Senior Night 2020!

Congratulations to the senior basketball players and statisticians this season. These seniors were recognized on Friday January 31, 2020 in the game against Clarion.

Statistician, Elizabeth Brooks: Elizabeth has been the boys basketball stat for 3 years. She is the daughter of John Brooks. During her years at Redbank, Elizabeth has been involved with the staff of the yearbook for 4 years, she has been nominated for RYLA ( Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) and has been a part of the Jefferson County K-9 Unit. Elizabeth’s future plans are to attend Clarion University to obtain a degree in Early Childhood Education. Elizabeth wanted to thank Emanuel and Dan for being patience while she learned during her first year of doing stats. She also would like to thank Declan and Anthony for always being nice and including her in things. She also wanted to thank the team for all the Penn State games they included her in. To Madison…. You have given me so many fun memories my senior year. Thank you for the fun car and bus rides where we never stopped laughing. Thank you for taking me to Sheetz and telling me what’s good after the games. Most of all, thank you for being my best friend.

Statistician, Madison Moore: This was Madison’s first year as a stat for our boys basketball team. She is the daughter of Tina and Wade Moore. While at Redbank, Madison was treasurer of the National Honor Society, Treasurer of the Tri-M music Honor Society, Treasurer of the senior class, a student council member, stage manager for the musical, as well as being a member of the concert and jazz band. Madison’s future plans are to attend Slippery Rock University majoring in physical therapy. Madison would like to thank Elizabeth for all the laughs at games.

The boys’ basketball team would like to thank Elizabeth and Madison for their time and support throughout this season and to Elizabeth for sticking with them throughout the years. Good Luck to both of you in your future endeavors!

Boys Basketball Senior Bulldogs…

Anthony Baileys:  Anthony wears the #45 for Redbank and plays the forward position. Anthony has played Redbank Basketball for a total of 6 years. Anthony is the son of A. J. and Shannan blose. While at Redbank, Anthony has also been a member of the Redbank Soccer Team for 6 years, a member of the track and field team for 4 years and This year Anthony was one our kickers for the football team. He is currently the vice president of the Student Council, and he is also the FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America Treasurer.Anthony’s future plans include attending Thiel College and majoring in veterinary medicine. Anthony would like to thank his parents for everything they have done. He would also like to thank all the coaches that have helped him along the way. Anthony’s memories include: Declan driving on the wrong side of the road,and Coach Dan breaking his clipboard. Best of luck to you Anthony in all your future endeavors!

Declan Fricko: Declan wears the #4 for this Bulldog team and plays guard. Declan has played within the Redbank Basketball organization for 9 years which has included elementary basketball, junior high boys basketball and being a player for the Redbank Valley Boys Varsity Team. Declan is the son of Mike and Angie Fricko of New Bethlehem. During his time at Redbank, Declan has also been a member of the Varsity Soccer team and was the kicker for the Varsity Football team this year. He is currently the FBLA president and a member of the Student Council. Declan has also been a member of the Track and Field team for 4 years. Declan’s future plans are to attend Temple University and major in biochemistry with plans to pursue a doctorate in medical research. Declan would like to thank his parents for the endless support and encouragement, and all of his coaches throughout the years. His memories include Jordan buying Coach Dan a new folder, the JV super squad in 10th grade, driving Bryson around everywhere, and Anthony always messing with Mags before the games. Congratulations Declan and best of luck!

Girls Basketball Senior Bulldogs…

Megan Gourley: Megan wears # 15 and plays center. She has played on this Bulldog team for 3 years. Megan is the daughter of Eric and Heather Gourley. While at Redbank, Megan has played varsity soccer, been a member of the track and field team, she is a member of the bible club, and is in the National Honor Society and Ski Club. Megan’s future plans involve attending Edinboro University to study pre-chiropractic medicine. Megan’s memories include: dinner dates with Maddy and Katie, Coach Kristin’s “Always end on a make”, pre-game locker talks, and Tara forgetting that she played basketball their 9th grade year. She would like to thank her parents for never missing a game and to her coaches for helping her to grow as a player and as an individual. Congratulations, Megan and good luck!!

Kennedy Heeter: Kennedy wears #2 and plays guard. She has been a bulldog basketball player for 7 years including jr high basketball. Kennedy is the daughter of Don and Wendy Heeter. During her time at Redbank, Kennedy was also a member of the Soccer and track and field teams. Her future plans are to attend Clarion University and Butler Community College to pursue a career as a physical therapist assistant. Kennedy would like to start by thanking her parents for their endless love and support and the many hours spent in the gym watching her play, the many car rides to practices, and never giving up on her. She would also like to thank Coaches Mike, Kristen, Jason and Chris for pushing her to always do her best. To coach Jason, she will miss the many life lessons and great pep talks. To Claire Clouse, she thanks you for being her partner in crime and the little sister she was never given, but most importantly thanks you for sticking by her side every step of the way. She is so glad she got to share the court with you while she could. Lastly, Kennedy would like to thank the ladies of this team for making her senior year one she will always remember. She will miss each and everyone of you. Kennedy’s memories include convincing megan that Wendy’s chicken was horse meat, Tara’s excessive bleeding, dressing A and Kels for away games last year and pre game locker room talks. Congratulations and good luck Kennedy!

Tara Hinderliter: Tara wears the #23 and plays point guard and shooting guard. Tara has been a lady Bulldog since 7th grade. As a varsity player, Tara has lettered all 4 years and has been a team captain for the past two years. She received 3rd Team All conference her sophomore year and 2nd team all conference her junior year. Tara reached her 1000th point her senior year during the West Shamokin Christmas tournament this past year. Also while attending Redbank, Tara played 7 years of Redbank volleyball and lettered all 4 years. She was named to the 2nd Team All conference and served as Team Captain her senior year. Tara’s future plans are to attend college and major in Early Childhood Education. Tara would also like to thank Coach Chris for all the time and effort he has put into the team and for always pushing her to do her best. She would like to thank Coach Jason for his endless support and always having their backs, coach Mike for all of his help, and to Coach Kristin for always being there for them. Tara would also like to thank her parents and her grandma for being at every game and for supporting her for all of these years. She would also like to thank Blaney for being there no matter what and for being one of her biggest supporters. She would like to thank her teammates for pushing each other to do their best and supporting each other no matter what. She thanks you for making her senior year so memorable. Finally, Tara would like to thank all the fans who come out to games to cheer them on and to mr. maslar for all his dedication and for always being there to capture all their special moments. Some of Tara’s memories include: soap wars with Alivia and their daily arguments, Alyssa’s potty mouth, locking Claire out of her car, saving Red Dinger’s life, Car talks with Claire and Ryleigh and them always finding ways to annoy her, and scoring her 1000th point and being able to share that moment with her team. Congratulations Tara and good luck!!

Lauren Smith: Lauren wears the #24 for this Bulldog team and plays shooting guard. Lauren has been a Bulldog player for the past 6 years. Lauren is the daughter of Denny and Jenean Smith. While at Redbank, Lauren has also played Redbank volleyball for 6 years and has been a member of the softball team for 4 years. She also was a member of the track and field team this past year. She is currently the senior class president, student council secretary. She is a member of the Bible Club, Future Business Leaders of America, National Honors Society, and was in Redbank’s production of Beauty and the Beast. Lauren is a member of the Oakland Church of God youth group and has been named student of the week. Lauren’s future plans are to attend Indiana University of Pennsylvania for nursing to later pursue a career as a midwife. Her senior memories include: going out to eat with her girls, being called “thick” at practice, Tara scoring her 1000th point, and trying to learn dance moves from Caylen and Alivia. Lauren would like to thank Chris and mike for all of the time they have spent in the gym with the team, Jason for all of his pep talks, Kristin for being the team mom, Alivia for always guarding her at practice and pushing her to be a better player, Tara for sticking by her side for the past 10 years…on and off the court, and her parents and grandparents for being her biggest supporters through it all. Lastly, she would like to thank her teammates for helping her make her last season the best season. Good Luck in everything you do Lauren!

A special Thanks to Mrs. Bain and the sports boosters for the senior night festivities!

Also Thank you to the seniors for all the memories and things they have done for the teams!

If you want to read about Tara’s scoring her 1000 points read: http://redbankvalleynews.com/22488/sports/hinderliter-scores-1000-points/